Saturday, August 22, 2009
An Important Warning
I just came home from the vet's this morning. I got some flowers and some were lilies. I know they are poisenous to cats, but watched them closely and she didn't seem to be paying attention to them. This morning there were three petals gone from a lily and Ava was throwing up. I called the vet and he said to bring her right over. He took a blood sample, hydrated her and gave her some medicine and said to watch her closely for vomiting and lethargy. She is sleeeping under the beds now, which she does not usually do, but hopefully she will be okay. If you have cats or small dogs, please do not allow them near any lily plants. I called the florist, who said she did not know this and she would be sure to make note of it.