Iowa

Iowa

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Fun Night Out

There is nothing worse than standing in court all day, and I do mean all day. But it surely is worse for the families. I left court at 5:00 and rushed to get home so we could go the the theater. Bean, Monkeyboy, Mippy and I went to see West Side Story. Monkeyboy watches the orchestra more than the production, but that is fine because he is a drummer after all. As we were eating dinner, the waitress told us she was expecting her third baby. Not missing a beat, Monkeyboy asked her the baby's name. She replied and he seemed satisfied. Later Mippy said that Monkeyboy asked his father where babies come from. Bean was there and Bird said something about when the "men" were alone together they would talk about it. Good out. Bean, I am told, giggled a lot. I got an email joke about this and sent it to Bird, thinking it would help broach the subject. I don't think he is going to use that particular joke. I just called Bird to ask him if I could blog about this and he said he didn't care. I then asked him if he had talked to Monkeyboy about this, and he said Monkeyboy is more concerned about football. So, Bird is off the hook for now. And Bean is still giggling. I remember being handed a book and told to read it and ask questions if I had any. Monkeyboy and Bean are coming to my office tomorrow since Bird has training. I swear, if Hockey Caseworker says one word to Monkeyboy about NHL or NFL channels on TV for $7.95 a month, I will choke him. I think ESPN sports every morning for the updates is enough. What is scary now is that Bean is starting to spout sports memorabilia. Have a wonderful Sunday and how were you told about where babies come from.........don't get too graphic, just generally. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to St. Mary's and then Southwest Cath. I come from a family of 11...need I say more?

Anonymous said...

I am the youngest of three boys. My parents were tired by the time I was born. Although I am a firm believer in learning by doing, MOST of what I learned my brothers taught me. And Wicked, my kitchen floor is completely finished, thanks for asking.

Anonymous said...

I grew up on a farm, so it was never talked about,it just happened with the animals and I guess I learned from that. We birthed animals for as long as I can remember. Our cat had kittens,so it was a good chance to talk with our kids. Good luck Bird, wait, doesn't he have a kitten? ;)

Anonymous said...

I too, was right there performing midwifery duties when the kittens were born. Always knew where babies came from but mom would never adequately explain why I had only 1 sister and our neighbors had 8 children. I do remember being sufficiently horrified when my girlfriends (the ones with the 8 siblings and very small house) explained it to me. So Bird, while there is no easy way to do it, don't worry because we all turn out to be Einsteins at figuring it out. Good question Mia, bet we all have a story to tell. Very impressive Benji, you work quickly. Meow.

Anonymous said...

I remember asking and my mother said she would tell me later. In the meantime, my sister told me I came from the stork and I thought I hatched from a stork egg. She laughs about it to this day. It's okay though, I told her children the same story.

Anonymous said...

I also got a book but I think it was about becoming a woman for the first time. Did I say that discreetly? After that, I don't remember anyone actually explaining anything even about sex.

Needless to say, the honeymoon was called the blind leading the blind.