Iowa

Iowa

Monday, August 11, 2008

Sunday Dinner

I love Sunday dinners. It is usually a fun time and the kids seem to enjoy it also. Yesterday was no exception, except Sprout didn't make it. Tacos were the meal of the day. Excellent choice, Mippy. Monkeyboy has made his birthday list, though his birthday is over a month away. He would like tickets to the Steelers game, to the Pirates game and to the Penquins game. Oh, yes, and the Yankees game. He also wants some game and other items, but then he was very dramatic when he said...."Now, just think about this, because I really would like this, so just think about it......A baseball field in the back yard." I love it. He was very serious. And so what if he and dad need a road trip to see the Yankees play ball. Bean worked very hard this summer to earn money for Ugh (?) boots and got them over the weekend. I think they are ready to go back to school. She got a pair of Converse sneakers also. I told her to get them last year, because I think they are neat, but she wouldn't hear of it. Now she has a pair. Hmmmm. OK, another web site to visit. http://quirkyartiste.blogspot.com/ Neat artwork, also for purchase. The picture of the hole in the ground was seen by Mippy and I on our walk. It keeps growing. What a great Sunday, they should all be so good. Happy Monday.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sundays are a day of rest for most people. Sometime I think they should invoke the Blue Law again and then a lot more people could enjoy it.

Tell Monkeyboy, "If you build it, they will come" A backyard baseball field sounds like a great idea for a movie.

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Tamara. I envy anyone with talent, still looking for mine. The words, Hidden Talent, are definitely referring to me.

Thanks for the tour

Anonymous said...

Very nice artwork, Tamara. What kind of paint do you use and is it washable?

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember that Wicked Kitty did some artwork. Could it be? Very pretty painting.

Anonymous said...

I love it, Monkeyboy! A baseball field. I agree, Ginger, build it and they will come. By the way, Monkeyboy, how big is your yard????

Anonymous said...

Ugh boots, weren't they popular in the 80's? I thought I had a pair, but I could be mistaken. Furry things on the inside, right? What color did Bean get. I think mine were brown. By the way, great links to sites. Very different, very unique. Michele's (with one "L") pictures are beautiful, and Tamara, are those bags waterproof?

Anonymous said...

I don't remember those boots at all... I think Pirate tickets should be very easy to get for Monkeyboy. But I also think a baseball diamond is also very doable. I mainly use acrylic paints on the canvas bags. Fabric paints on the clothing (which are definitely washable). I use one of my bags on a daily basis. While it has taken a beating, I haven't thrown them in the washer...yet. Yes, Ben, this feline likes to paint. ^. .^ Thanks to all 4 taking the tour. But really, too insecure to try and sell anything yet. Working up to it.

Anonymous said...

And thanks to Mia. She has been holding out on us and is turning into quite the gallery owner in her alternate life. Right, Mia?

Anonymous said...

Hey Mia, Took me a while to catch up since I haven't been here for awhile. Hope the car continues to run well (should I even mention that?). Like the photo of the incline, looks pretty neat. And Michele's pictures are great. Tamara's look like Monet, very peaceful. Monkeyboy, go for it, get the diamond. And what the heck are ughs? Never heard of them, must be a female thing!