Iowa

Iowa

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Annual trip to NYC

To the airport bright and early and off to NYC. Three out of four days had beautiful weather...the fouth had rain and winds that regularly turned umbrellas inside out. A good day for shopping and visiting the firehouse museum. Monkeyboy and Mippy struggled a bit with homework, but completed it finally. A trip to Battery Park on the subway proved to be...ummmm...a trip! Subway there was fine, but finding a subway back to midtown was a bit of a problem. And the birthday surprise for Bean was great! A special cake at the Cowgirl Cafe with the whole restaurant singing. It was supposed to feed two to three people, but Bean pigged out on her own. Stomp was excellent! Would go there just to see that again. The cab ride back was unforgettable. One of those where you hold on to the seat and close your eyes a lot. A true NYC cabbie. A trip to the airport had Bean feeling a bit under the weather. Monkeyboy and I were outside the restroom waiting for Mippy and Bean. A stewardress (is that what they still call them???) asked Monkeyboy why he looked so sad and he informed anyone within listening distance that his sister was in the stall barfing. All in all....a 95% good trip. We won't discuss the other 5%.

4 comments:

sassysam said...

Aww, come on mia, tell us the other 5%. You do this every year? Sounds like a lot of fun. Sorry about Bean, nothing worse than being sick away from home. Hope she is feeling better. And how sweet of Monkeyboy.

Tigger said...

Just happened upon your blog. I am a social worker in NYC working with kids and going for my PhD. How is social work in your area? Your pictures are great. I am glad you enjoyed NYC, I think it is the best place in the world. Keep blogging, it is fun to read. I have two cats, one looks amazingly like Ava. Maybe they are related!

Wacky Mommy said...

I love New York anytime, but especially in the spring and fall. Glad you had fun, and not too much puking.

social worker2 said...

I haven't been to New York in years. I hear they cleaned it up quite a bit and it has lost some of its charm. Great picture of the two kids walking. I am assuming that is Monkeyboy and Bean. What a wonderful experience for them. Want to take us along next time?