Iowa

Iowa

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Guitar

Tonight was my guitar lesson. Sometimes I dread them, because I don't always practice as much as I should, but tonight....an excellent lesson. Monkeyboy plays the drums, so I am pretty sure we can form a rock band some day. Or, perhaps, I'll audition for the E Street Band. Perhaps not. Bean plays the flute. Bird plays some kind of Indian flute, so we might have an interesting combination. I am trying to get some songs ready for the road trip. We go in June as soon as school is out. I actually played with my guitar teacher tonight and kept up with him! He is very patient, but he tells me I have to cut my nails even shorter. I think he does not understand...it took me a long time to grow them, and even longer to polish them. He carries nail clippers with him and tonight he told me that two of my nails were too long. I told him I would file them down...but I don't have to do that for two weeks, because next week is the annual trip to NYC with Bean, Mippy and Monkeyboy. So, I fooled him! We have made this trip to NYC since Bean was 4 years old. At that time we went to see CATS on Broadway, and she was enthralled. We have gone every year to see at least one play, and when he was 4, Monkeyboy joined us. He is more interested in the drums in the orchestra and that's okay. This year it will be Hairspray and Stomp. And I can do it all with long nails. Life is good.

No comments: